Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 4th: Travel Day One

Today began the long trek to Chile. Our Plus3 group met up early to head to the airport exhausted but excited to be on our way. Security went surprisingly smoothly and allowed time for brunch and conversation before boarding the plane to Dallas. I was so exhausted from several nights of not much sleep that the minute the plane between moving I fell asleep and did not wake up for half of the flight.
 
During the second half of the plane ride, I took advantage of the free time to start getting caught up on the pile of magazines that I accumulated throughout the semester. After a busy few weeks consisting of finals and visiting my roommate's family, the plane ride was a welcome chance to relax.
In Dallas we had a six hour layover, which provided ample time to stretch our legs and explore. One of the other girls in the group, Hannah, and I walked through four of the five terminals in the airport and explored several of the shops along the way. I had a great time walking around with her and getting to know her better, and look forward to becoming better acquainted with the other people on this trip as well. The evening concluded with boarding the plane which transported us out of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment