Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 13th: Presentations and fútbol

This morning, we finally gave our company presentations for Jaime. Last night, my group had to change a few parts of our presentation, though, because we were asked to not present information on the important Chilean people this time, and that was the research I did for the project. Despite the fact that it had been a while since we researched the companies and I was presenting on LAN's competitors for the first time, I felt it went well. The other groups did a very good job on their presentations as well, and Jaime had very thought provoking questions. I learned through this process that it is important to know the information other people are supposed to present in case changes need to be made or something happens so they cannot present. Once everyone finished presenting, we had a conversation with Jaime about differences between the culture of Chile and the United States. Some of the differences people mentioned were interesting to me such as the lack of traffic laws. As I mentioned in a previous post, the most difficult cultural difference for me to get used to has been restaurant procedures.
 
This afternoon, we played soccer with about ten of the Chilean students. They were all very good even though some of them claimed to not play much soccer. At first I was hesitant to go after the ball because it has been a long time since I played soccer and all of the Chileans as well as some people in our group were competitive. Eventually, though, I got more comfortable with playing again and had a great time. I am not sure why soccer is not a more popular game in the United States, as it is a lot of fun, can involve any number of people, and can be played almost anywhere. To end the night, Hannah and I returned to the empanaderia since we will soon not be able to get empanadas, and that is the place we are most comfortable ordering food.

No comments:

Post a Comment